Did you know that there are over 200 chiropractic techniques? Our doctors at Wellness Within Chiropractic are proficient in several of these to be able to customize care and optimize outcomes for the unique needs of their patients.
- Activator Methods – uses a small handheld spring-loaded instrument to deliver a small impulse to joints of the spine and extremities
- Sacro-Occipital Technique – uses triangular-shaped blocks placed under the pelvis
- Craniosacral – uses gentle adjustment to the skull joints
- Logan Basic – uses light pressure to various spinal levels and sacral ligaments
- Diversified Technique – uses manual thrusts to the spine and extremities
- Thompson Drop Technique – uses a drop table for spinal corrections
Several soft tissue modalities and techniques may also be included in a patient's treatment plan to compliment chiropractic care by addressing the restrictions of the soft tissues that support the joints.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation – relaxes muscles, helps blocks pain, and increases circulation to injured tissues
- Therapeutic Ultrasound – deliver deep heat to promote tissue relaxation, swelling and inflammation reduction, scar tissue breakdown, and tissue healing
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation – uses gentle stretches to promote muscle relaxation and flexibility
- Gua Sha – uses various tools to increase circulation to tissues and reduce adhesions